Thursday, April 2, 2009

Walking with the boy's


Wednesday's Donna and Abe work with the youth at church, so dad and I get to watch Aidan and Tanner. I picked the boys up right after work and told Aidan that we would be walking 8 miles, he was a little bit sad so I told him that after 6 miles we would go to McDonald's and get ice cream...that cheered him up! When I was getting them in the truck I pushed my sunglasses up onto my head and Aidan said "OH...you have gray hair! are you 51?" It was so funny! I said no, just 50...then he told me that I need to get rid of it. I asked him what color and he said green. Sorry, that's not going to happen, so he said brown would be fine. Kids are so funny.

Well we took off on our walk and I forgot my camera...so after the first 4 miles I went back home while dad kept walking. We were to meet up at Litchfield and Greenway. When I got to the point I thought were going to meet, they were no where to be found. I called dad up and he told me where they were so I hung up and started running. I ran...and I mean ran for almost a mile before I caught up with them. These are the picture that I took when I finally caught my breath.
We finally got to McDonald's and bought the boys some ice cream...Aidan loved it and Tanner didn't want anything to do with it. We kept trying to give it to him, but no luck. I remember when Aidan didn't like ice cream too, so I'm sure that someday Tanner will like it as well. At one point it looked like Tanner was going to take Aidan's cone away, but Aidan was having no part of that =) When we got home Tanner kept looking for Waylon...all of my little grand babies love Waylon, they always have so much fun with him. I sure do love all of my little ones. I'm so thankful that we are such a close family and that I have so many wonderful children that have blessed dad and I with all of these grand babies.

3 comments:

  1. cute post!!! I miss watching them wednesdays...stupid calling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute.... I'm so jealous that you get to see The Tiemans and Pens so often... =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say hello!! You are such a fun grandma! And 8 miles! you are amazing! I think I just might have to stalk you now! It was fun reading your previous posts. And I must say you DO look amazing!

    ReplyDelete